We currently have a vacancy for a QA / Support Analyst to provide first line support to Vanilla Storm clients and to test ecommerce platforms, CMS and other applications.
We’re situated in Heaton Chapel which is about a 10 minute train ride from Manchester Piccadilly or a 5 minute train ride from Stockport.
It is important to note that this is not a development position and you will not be required to code or programme.
We’re looking for someone with a good knowledge of websites and ecommerce solutions from a user perspective. You should have a good understanding of web, usability and accessibility issues and excellent written and oral communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Answering the telephone and providing first line support to Vanilla Storm clients.
- Assisting clients with queries on email, hosting, managing online shops and content managed systems.
- Providing first line support on bugs and where appropriate referring issues to the development team.
- Monitoring, managing and tracking bugs and updates.
- Ensuring that the company’s tracking system is up to date.
- Creating user friendly client instructions.
- Carrying out training on Vanilla Storm systems.
- Carrying out testing on Vanilla Storm systems and providing clear records and documentation.
- Carrying out usability and accessibility testing on Vanilla Storm systems.
A full job description and person specification can be obtained from Jenny Hudson at jobs [at] vanillastorm [dot] co [dot] uk.
Here’s how to apply:
- In the first instance please request a job description from Jenny Hudson by emailing jobs [at] vanillastorm [dot] co [dot] uk.
- Please send a copy of your CV along with a covering letter / email outlining your skills and experience and the reasons you feel you would be suitable for the position.
We look forward to receiving your applications.
Salary: £18k to £20k
Closing Date: Tuesday 23 August 2011
Interviews: Week commencing 29 August 2011
[Note to Agencies: We do not use recruitment agencies or consultants. We prefer to handle the recruitment process internally. This won’t change and so please do not contact us. Not even to check how things are going. You know who you are!]