This position is now closed.
We are currently seeking a PHP Developer to join our expanding team in Heaton Chapel, South Manchester. The role would involve working on a number of exciting projects as the company expands its portfolio.
Salary £20 – £24K depending on skills and experience
You will be responsible for creating, documenting, maintaining, testing and debugging a range of web solutions including e-commerce, blogs, CMS and static websites.
Candidates must demonstrate the following:
- proven experience in developing e-commerce sites
- strong working knowledge of PHP, HTML and CSS, including developing bespoke PHP applications
- strong working knowledge of building cross browser compatible applications
- excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- good knowledge of MySQL and Apache
- good standard of coding compatible with W3C guidelines and WCAG accessibility standards
- good working knowledge of Dreamweaver and the ability to write HTML code
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- excellent attention to detail
- ability to work individually and as part of a team
- enthusiasm and initiative
- knowledge of Drupal, WordPress and other CMS applications
- knowledge of search engine optimisation
- knowledge of Flash
- basic image manipulation skills
- knowledge of other open source applications
Candidates should email Jenny Hudson to request a full job description in the first instance. You will then be asked to provide a current CV, examples of previous projects you have been directly responsible for, details of current salary and the contact details of two referees.
Closing date for applications: Friday 27th February 2009.
Jenny Hudson / info [at] vanillastorm.co.uk / 0161 282 4525
For further information about Vanilla Storm, please take a look at our website and in particular our portfolio.
Strictly no agencies. Not even to ask why we haven’t considered using an agency! And particularly not to touch base or pass the time of day and ‘see how things are going’!